Vibrance filter

Bonjour.
Serait 'il possible d’ajouter le filtre vibrance, qui colore mieux les parties sombres de la video que la saturation ?
Merci.

Hello !
Would it be possible to add the vibrance filter, which colors the dark parts of the video better than the saturation?
Thank you.

2 Likes

Bonjour,
La vibrance reagit differement dans les ombres en les colorant mieux que la saturation.
avez vous une idée ce que qui est possible ?

Merci.

Hello
Vibrance reacts differently in shadows by coloring them better than saturation.
Do you have any idea what is possible ?
Thanks for the reply

Lu sur internet :
la saturation est un outil universel qui traite toutes les couleurs de manière égale, la vibrance, elle, est beaucoup plus sélective et raffinée. Elle opère avec une précision chirurgicale, choisissant soigneusement les couleurs qui nécessitent une amélioration.

Read on the internet:
saturation is a universal tool that treats all colors equally, vibrance is much more selective and refined. She operates with surgical precision, carefully choosing colors that need improvement.

I agree that a Vibrance filter would be nice.

But in the meantime, there is a way to simulate that filter with the LUT (3D) filter.

In Photoshop, I applied a Vibrance adjustment layer (set at 100%) to an image and exported a LUT that can be used in Shotcut.

Then, to adjust the intensity of the Vibrance in Shotcut, you need to use this list of filters (the order is important)

• Mask: Simple Shape Set the Size parameters to the dimensions of your project and both Position parameters to 0. Also, don’t forget to also reduce the Softness to 0
  • LUT (3D)
  • Opacity Used to reduce the intensity of the Vibrance.
  • Mask: Apply

Note: If you plan to use this method in multiple projects, I suggest you save this list of filters as a Filter Set

If that interests you, here’s the LUT in question.
Unzip it somewhere on your computer and use it whenever you need it.
Vibrance-100-per-cent.zip (168.7 KB)

3 Likes

Bonjour,
ça fonctionne, mille merci.
Mais le mieux c’est d’avoir ce filtre sans passer par une LUT.

Hello, it works, thank you so much.
But the best thing is to have this filter without going through a LUT.

Oui évidemment. De plus je ne suis pas certain que diminuer l’intensité du LUT est exactement la même chose que diminuer l’intensité d’un vrai filtre Vibrance. Je vais faire quelques tests plus tard dans la journée pour confirmer.

Yes, of course. What’s more, I’m not sure that reducing the intensity of the LUT is exactly the same as reducing the intensity of a real Vibrance filter. I’ll do some tests later today to confirm.

Hi @musicalbox, thanks for this. I tried it out and it works.

@meiber - interesting to read what you said about saturation. I did a quick test.
I imported an image and duplicated it twice.

To image 1 I applied no filters,
To Image 2 I applied @musicalbox’s Vibrance filter set,
To image 3 I applied a Hue/Saturation/Lightness filter and tweaked the settings to try to replicate the colours of the Vibrance filter set…

Result: Note:
image 1 is top left,
Image 2 is bottom left,
Image 3 is top right.

Here are the SC settings I tweaked for image 3:

Better than the original but as you say the saturation is more of a universal tool.

1 Like

Here’s a video (from a reliable digital graphics expert) that explains very well the difference between using Saturation and Vibrance

Merci pour ce test, Jonray
On remarque de suite que la vibrance a de meilleur resultat.

Thank you for this review, Jonray
It is immediately noticed that vibrance has better results.

1 Like

Bonjour Musicalbox
mais je ne connais pas l’anglais.Merci quand meme pour la video.

Hello Musicalbox
but I don’t know English. Thanks anyway for the video.

J’ai fais quelques tests et effectivement il y a une différence lorsqu’on réduis l’opacité du filtre LUT. Pour obtenir les mêmes résultats que dans Photoshop il faut réduire un peu plus l’opacité dans Shotcut.

Par exemple: Si dans Photoshop on applique un calque Vibrance à 50%, il faut ajuster l’opacité à environ 34% pour obtenir à peu près le même résultat dans Shotcut.

Mais je ne pense pas que ce soit un problème. La plupart du temps, lorsqu’on ajuste le filtre Vibrance, on ne tient pas compte du pourcentage. On change l’intensité jusqu’à ce que le résultat soit satisfaisant à l’oeil.

I did a few tests and there is indeed a difference when you reduce the opacity of the LUT filter. To get the same results as in Photoshop, you need to reduce the opacity a little more in Shotcut.

For example: if in Photoshop you apply a Vibrance layer at 50%, you need to adjust the opacity to around 34% to get roughly the same result in Shotcut.

But I don’t think that’s a problem. Most of the time, when you adjust the Vibrance filter, you don’t take the percentage into account. You just change the intensity until you’re happy with the result.

1 Like

Bons test, mais comme tu dis, un reglage a l’oeil dans Shotcut suffira.
Quelle difference avec la saturation qui egalise toutes les couleurs.
J’espere que le filtre vibrance sera ajouté.

Merci pour tes test MusicalBox

Good test, but as you say, an adjustment by eye in Shotcut will be enough.
What a difference with saturation which equalizes all the colors.
I hope the vibrance filter will be added.

Thank you for your MusicalBox test

2 Likes