What is your operating system?
Windows 11 Home 22H2
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (shotcut installed from from Snap Store)
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
I sometimes get this by when dealing with transitions and using undo. I managed to reproduce it below, although it’s an unrealistic scenario I believe it’s the same bug. I’ve encountered these crashes in older versions of shotcut as well.
- Start a new project
- Add two video clips to the timeline
- Place the second clip so it overlaps the first one
- Drag the beginning of the transition all the way to the end of the timeline
- Drag the beginning of the transition again to the end of the timeline
- Click undo twice
- Move the clip on bottom track
First press of undo will do nothing. The second will cause a new track to appear with no title containing a video clip titled V1. The track cannot be deleted. If the video clip on bottom track is moved, the software will crash.