Up down arrow in text filter also scrolls currently selected track

What is your operating system?
Win 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
20.10.31, 64 bit portable

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?

1. create several empty tracks (6 or 7 will do)
  2. Go to Open Other > Text, add 6 or 7 lines to the text box
  3. Add the just created “Text:Simple” to any track (this step is optional)
  4. Click in the text area of the text box and use the arrow keys to scroll all the way to the bottom then all the way to the top of the text box, and try to scroll beyond either limit.

What will happen is that you will also find yourself scrolling through the track area while trying to scroll through the text box in the text filter. This also happens while editing Rich Text.

What I think is the expected behaviour is that when the text area of the text filter has the focus, key presses should not pass through to the track area.

I’ve also noticed I can make the timeline and key frame cursor scroll left or right when scrolling left or right while editing Rich Text.

This is already fixed for the rich text editor in the next version because that component was migrated to a new API in the GUI library that does not have this bug that we would need to workaround. I am sure there are some other cases like this. These will be addressed by converting to the new API and then addressing and then applying workarounds.

1 Like