Unable to launch the Shotcut App

Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded the AppImage and tar file but unable to launch the application, when i double click, nothing opens up. The machine which i am referring to has the following linux version and has no internet:
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

Kindly note that i tried to run it on a machine which has internet and the application launched.
Please confirm if this application requires internet or something to be whitelisted under organization’s internal network in order to make it work.

Thanks in advance!

@sharukh I’ve recently tried both variants being new to Shotcut, and for the AppImage you just need to make sure it has execute permission. I would put it in /usr/local/bin/ (or wherever your OS suggests user binaries should be kept, for the path primarily).

Same for the tar version which expands to a “shotcut” folder, and should have a shotcut.desktop file and shotcut.app folder where the binaries are. So, my path is /usr/local/bin/shotcut/shotcut.app/. The files here should already be 755 but check that.

Have a look at the logfile here ~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/shotcut-log.txt

It is not compatible with CentOS. Per Shotcut - Frequently Asked Questions the minimum glibc version is 2.27, but according to DistroWatch.com: CentOS this version of CentOS has glibc version 2.17. CentOS is a server-oriented OS and has very dated desktop-oriented components.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.