Two Shotcuts Opened At Once

I was editing a YouTube video and I came across needing to have two, totally separate windows of it opened at the same time so I could take a clip (after splitting the video) out of the one and put it in the other to edit that specific clip and save it by itself. Either that or I wanted to look at a separate file on one while still being able to edit another clip on the other window. (I had saved it as a mlt file and I could only look at it on Shotcut. I think this could maybe the cause to some of my files messing up.
Other post
It tried having the same file on both or something like that and didn’t do what I would have liked to.I hope that I can use multiple windows in the future without it messing up and this is a good suggestion.

I can run two (and probably more) instances of Shotcut at the same time. I often set the first one to Export and then open another to start editing the next video. On my modest Linux system I notice no slowdown at all.

However, it sounds like you may not understand how the editor works. I think you should be able do what you want using only one instance of Shotcut. Shotcut is a “nondestructive” editor.

-=Ken=-

Shotcut supports the notion of a clipboard, but it fairly internal. It often puts MLT XML onto this clipboard. I could make it so this XML is also put into the system clipboard to share between multiple Shotcut processes.

1 Like

Thanks. I realize that I was rushed and frustrated so that made me impatient. I was trying to do to many things at once which was my main problem and I kept on switching between things. That was probably my main problem.