Two QoF requests - Please add filter opacity and better crop control

Thanks for a great app. Please consider:

• opacity settings for filters, for more control after setting the filter
  • better Crop control, to know exactly where we position something. For example, after setting the size, let us position the crop exactly in the center.
    Thanks.

To blend a filter with the unfiltered image, add video filters in this order:

1. Mask: From File, Threshold = 100%
  2. Opacity, set Level
  3. any other filters
  4. Mask: Apply

better Crop control, to know exactly where we position something. For example, after setting the size, let us position the crop exactly in the center.

Use Crop: Rectangle, enable the player grid with snapping, and drag the dot of the on-video rectangle control to the center.

Thanks a lot. The snap tip is great.
For the mask, I have no idea where to set opacity, other filters and Apply. Please just consider giving us an Opacity setting for Filters. It’s intuitive and every other app does it. All the best.

Edit: used Mask File, Opacity and Apply, didn’t get anything. Please consider the opacity for Filters.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. There is a video filter named Opacity. I thought you are asking for the ability to control the “amount” of any filter - basically, blend the filtered image with the unfiltered image. That is what I provided instructions for, and it does work.

Photoshop and many apps have Adjustment Layers / Filters. After you apply the Filter, you can set its opacity, for even better control. Individual opacity settings for each Filter.
It would be great to see this in Shotcut. Thanks for a great app.