Trying to create custom presets based on nvenc

Hi,

First let me say, great software, I think it’s the best NLE for Linux currently available.

On to my question, I’m trying to create custom presets to export using nvenc via ffmpeg. FFmpeg now includes nvenc support without the --non-free flag thanks to NVIDIA releasing the sdk headers under an MIT license, so I’ve been encoding using ffmpeg with command lines such as:

time ffmpeg -y -i input.y4m -vcodec h264_nvenc -preset slow -rc-lookahead 10 -spatial_aq 1 -aq-strength 15 -temporal_aq 1 -no-scenecut 0 -b_adapt 1 -nonref_p 1 -b:v 12M output.mp4 <–For H264

time ffmpeg -i input.wmv -r 29.97 -vcodec hevc_nvenc -pix_fmt nv12 -preset slow -rc-lookahead 32 -spatial_aq 1 -aq-strength 15 -g 3 -b:v 12M output.mp4 <-- For H265

I would like to create presets to be able to do this from within ShotCut, anyone know how to do this?

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit, latest NVIDIA drivers with a GTX960.

Also, any plans to add this feature (encoding via nvenc) by default, the feature is now GPL compatible so you guys can distribute ffmpeg binaries with the encoder enabled.

Thanks for reading.

it might be possible if you compile shotcut from source with ffmpeg nvenc enabled ffmpeg libs

nvenc is not yet included in our build of FFmpeg, and you cannot just drop in another ffmpeg executable because Shotcut uses the FFmpeg library APIs; it is not a simple command line front end. Thank you for sharing the news that nvenc can be used in a GPL build configuration! I will try to add support for it some day.