I am new to Shotcut and there may be an obvious answer to this (keyframes?).
I am using a technique to animate my interstitials with two fixed images with simple text laid on them.
- I set up the “from” image with no text
- I set up the “to” image with the text laid out as I want it to appear.
- I then lay the images adjacent to each other
- I then overlap the “to” image onto the “from” image by click-hold-drag to the left
- I use the resulting timecode to time the length of the transition
- When I release the mouse button a nice transition is created for me
The problem I am experiencing occurs when I do any further editing NEAR that transition. At what seems (to me) like random times, the transition changes, becoming some mixture of the “to” image and video footage that appears before the “from” image (I think). This causes me to have to re-create the animated text over and over again - which I find incredibly frustrating.
Also, there are random crashes when working around the transition, which also risk hours of work and which have entrained me to obsessively press CTRL-S after nearly every operation, wihch causes me to wait for the file (which can become quite large) to save.
Q1: Is this happening to anyone else?
Q2: Is there a technique I don’t know about that can help me to avoid this?