Transitions for the new versions of Shotcut

Good afternoon, some time ago @elusien showed us some really cool transitions, but with the new versions of Shotcut we couldn’t use them again.
Are there currently any transitions in a similar format? Thank you very much.
Anie

Anie, nice to hear from you again.

@jonray found a lot of interesting transitions and Dan incorporated them into Shotcut itself. See:

1 Like

Oh thank you @elusien, it’s nice to be back. I do a lot of videos with Shotcut, sporting most of them and those transitions were great. I’ll take a look at what you send me. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Yes, it’s a pity that Dan had to remove WebVfx and the Text:HTML filter from Shotcut, but it was really out of his hands - a consequence of having to upgrade to a supported version of Qt. I keep an old copy for those HTML effects that I still want to be able to use, but it can be quite fiddly juggling video clips between the new and the old versions.

Sorry, but now I’m lost. Those 161 transitions, can they be done now with version 21.03.21 or not?

Sorry, just back from a day’s golfing.

You need to download @jonray’s transitions from the website he referenced i.e. go to https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vl9jHXgwDOD7o4m1_17rYYCw5aCBZTxv
select a folder and download the transitions you like and save them on your computer.

Then create a transition and right-click on it and select “Properties” then in the drop-down list next to “Video” select “custom” and then chose one of the files you downloaded.

1 Like

Well yes, these I can use. Maybe I didn’t make myself clear. I didn’t mean these transitions, I meant these: GL Transitions made using Elusien’s GL transitions overlay generator

No, I’m afraid they reuire the text:HTML filter, that no longer exists in Shotcut.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.