Total loss of audio

I’ve been using Shotcut for several years but with installation of the latest version (22.12.21), all audio is unavailable. The video work fine and audio is getting through somewhere because the decibel bars monitor. Likewise, running the MP4 in another app (e.g., VLC or Audacity) handles the audio just fine.

I’ve tried every solution I can find on recent web entries but nothing helps. (All the messages about being sure whatever audio piece is muted-- nothing is muted.) I’ve separated the audio track to itself but that still won’t play the audio. I’ve uninstalled Shotcut and re=installed via snap as well as Ubuntu standard apt to no success. My existing MLT files as well as any MP4 file play (display) fine, just without audio.

I’m running Ubuntu 20.04 on a System76 laptop with 32GB of RAM and little other apps.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated! Thanks!

Dan Evans

It works for me on Ubuntu 20.04. Please show a screenshot that shows nothing is muted.

I only find 2 spots that reflect mute/unmute. If I’m missing something, please let me know. This screen shot shows both of them.

Yes, that looks good. Not sure. Shotcut uses SDL2 for audio output. That can be affected by an environment variable. Do you recall ever setting an environment variable related to SDL? You can also check View > Application Log after opening a test video and even upload it here for review.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.