Too much frames in result

What is your operating system?
win 10 64

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
from 2021 to 2023-05-07

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

the event is not always and has gone several times, like install new version, but come in
this versions again after a while of time.
i cut the scenes on exact frame, and in the timeline it looks very good, but on the output
mp4 264 if i view in a player, there are 2 to 8 frames, which have been not cutted out on
each block of cut=scene-changing, of the before or afterwards position.
and if these days have come it happens on each video loaded until next seldom luck of working normal.

This happens because your source does not support frame accurate seeking for some reason. One popular reason is variable frame rate. You should try using Properties > Convert on the clips having this problem.

if i click in 2023-05 on the buttonbar-properties a empty section appear.
if i click on the video-properties i can found a convert.
should i apply the speed 1 ?
why it has problems with vbr if i save as constant bit rate. does the program
not read it how file is?

Yes

VBR (Variable Bit Rate) is not the same as VFR (Variable Frame Rate). VFR is the problem that causes inaccurate seeking and is solved by the “Convert…” operation.

i have speed 1 and clicked applied, than exported, but this 2-8 frames are still there.

I can not reproduce this. I think the next step would be to share a minimum project with media that reproduces the problem.

i look for a little project, but is it so that the apply-button is to press for that,
because i do not see a convert-button?

i could convert a mp4 without these extra-frames, but the between files, even lossy, with not better quality has the 10 times size and that only temporary,
for only variable frame-rate.
in the moment thank you, if you can not do it in 1 step to save.

The convert button is here:

For variable frame rate clips, our only option at this time is to convert the clip. It does create large files, but you can delete them as soon as your project is done.

This topic was automatically closed after 85 days. New replies are no longer allowed.