thanks sauron and drm. looked at some of the tutorial stuff and it helps. also looked at the multi font html file and that’s good too. problem i’m having now, though, is with inconsistency in exported text quality. and, it’s not only in the exporting.
i’m currently trying to make a series of interstitial titles for a museum screening and thought i’d give shotcut a go as i’ve been following it for quite a while now. what i’m finding, though, is that the render resolution seems to wildly vary depending on whether the titles are over a background or not. for my current purposes they are to be white text (varying fonts, styles) on black bg.
in getting to know shotcut i tried laying titles in as a filter directly on some running footage as well as putting the text filter into a transparent color clip so i could move it around relative to a background. problem i’m seeing is this: the text quality lessens markedly when the text is not over an image background. if i put the text over black, i get serious jaggies. when it’s over a background image, it cleans up nicely. unfortunately, i have to make these titles over black and not over an image.
i also found that i can’t rename clips in the playlist which is a wholly other frustration but that’s not for this discussion.
any other tips are welcome!