Some very old music of mine finally found a home as the accompaniment for my new video.
EDIT: This is how I used Shotcut:
- the ring of fire, is an short video or a flaming ring that rotates in place. I used 2 masks. One on the background outside the ring and another the new background inside the ring and used key framing to allow the masks to change size as I use size position and rotate on the ring to fly through it. I then copied those filters and the clip of the ring and used them as needed throughout the video.
- the motion of all the planets and pluto is Size Position and Rotate with keyframes.
- the sun is a video of a flaming ball with a black background so I used Shotcut to remove the background and saved it as a new video with a transparent background. I then used Size Position and Rotate to zoom in.
- the reveal of the lines of text was done using Text Simple with a gray background and another mask with key frames.
- the stars in the long wormhole near the end, is another video simply masked by Shotcut to fit inside the flaming ring.
I wanted to use video of the planets rotating but couldn’t find the quality I wanted so I went with static images instead. Besides, given the amount of time spent at each planet in my video, in reality you wouldn’t actually see much rotation anyway.