The Man Who Walked Across The Sea

I’m trying to make a film with the above title. I have a clip of ocean waves and would like to place a tiny figure of a man walking across. I have a green screen image but can only walk a few paces - and it looks like a man walking in front of a film projected on a screen. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could make it look more convincing. The image of the man walking could be a ghost - ie. not completely visible

Some tips are to use the Alpha Channel Adjust filter after applying Chroma Key. Also know that there are two Chroma Key filters. One is simple and the other is advanced. Finally, you could try a bit of color correction to help match the colors and lightening of the shots in case the lighting is noticeable different in both shots.

can you add a screenshot or something else?
There are some interesting videos with tricks that could help you.
Watch this video created by @Bentacular

3 Likes

DRM Thanks for answering

ejmillan Thanks for answering. Do you want a screenshot of waves?

As a non-native English speaker, I try to make sure that I understand the query as well as possible.
So I have always thought that an explanation with graphic support is more enlightening.
I still do not know exactly why the effect achieved does not seem genuine because basically I am not a very expert user and I need to see it to understand if it is a problem of adjustment of the different filters, or it is something else that I still do not imagine.
So I can only digress. Sometimes, I try to reproduce the project in a similar way to give alternatives. That requires some time but also some information about the composition (at least in my case) to be able to help it in some way.
Even if I had that information, I might not have enough knowledge to help, but someone might have a solution.

Here is the best I could come up with.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.