Text Looping like News Bar

Hi,
I have been using Shotcut for a week now. How do i loop a text like a news bar? Is there a tutorial video? Can anyone guide me with a step by step process regarding the same. Thank you.

Bonjour,

Ouvrez le fichier ci-joint avec Shotcut et observez la timeline.
Sur V1 votre clip - Pour l’exemple j’ai mis une image fixe couleur grise.
Sur les pistes supérieures V2 et V3 le texte à faire défiler sur fond transparent. Le défilement est réalisé en réglant la position du bloc texte avec les images clés.
La longueur des clips sur V2 et V3 donne la vitesse de défilement.

Hello,

Open the attached file with Shotcut and watch the timeline.
On V1 your clip - For the example I put a grey color still image.
On the upper tracks V2 and V3 the text to be scrolled on a transparent background. The scrolling is done by adjusting the position of the text block with the keyframes.
The length of the clips on V2 and V3 gives the scrolling speed.

Texte_défil.mlt (9.8 KB)

2 Likes

@namna, very useful demo. I like the way you overlap the text clips to create the constant movement of text. A good tip!

@namna, dĂ©mo trĂšs utile. J’aime la façon dont vous superposez les clips de texte pour crĂ©er le mouvement constant du texte. Un bon conseil!

1 Like

@jonray Je vous remercie.
On peut aussi le faire avec un seul clip transparent sur V2, mais il faut appliquer 2 filtres textes et jongler avec les images-clĂ©s. J’ai pensĂ© que la version 1 serait plus facile Ă  assimiler pour @Sri_Sundar qui nous dit ĂȘtre dĂ©butant.

@jonray Thank you.
You can also do it with a single transparent clip on V2, but you have to apply 2 text filters and juggle with keyframes. I thought that version 1 would be easier to assimilate for @Sri_Sundar which tells us that he is beginner.

Texte_défil2.mlt (6.6 KB)

1 Like

The new Text: Rich filter can be used as well.
Set up the tracks like @Namna’s overlap method.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind and quick response @Namna and @sauron . I will try both the methods and post here if i have further queries. Thanks again. Take care and stay safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Text: Rich filter has scroll presets that make it very easy to use.

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.