Text is just not showing up in preview

I see that this has been dealt with before but it’s not working for me. I’m trying to create a video of about 12 political paintings. I would like to have the title of each painting showing in the video I create. I cannot get the text to work. I searched your site and found this: Is the track playhead at the position on the clip where the text filter is being applied. Well, what the heck is the track playhead. This is confusing.

I write the text in the text box for the image that is showing it does not appear when I play the video I have so far.

There is blank space from the start to where you have your pictures start.
2019-03-24_14-27-27

Remove the blank space: Right click - Remove
shotcut_2019-03-24_14-28-25

Not sure where you have the text filter at though.

I started with my first photo and got the text placed over the image which was ok. But then I went to the next photo on my timeline and changed the text to describe that photo but it just showed the same text as the first photo in spite if saving the project

and on top of that I see that the text I wrote in one photo also appears in the next photo super imposed on the new text I added.

I think you ought to watch this tutorial to become more familiar with adding text to videos.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.