Syncing up Photo with video

Hello,

First time posting. I inserted photos into a clip where I slowed down the video to .5x speed. When I bring the video track up to 1x speed, the photos play at the same timestamp as before. I haven’t been able to find how to speed up where the photos come in, to sync with the 1x video speed. I looked in “Properties” to speed up where the photos come in, but haven’t been able to find how to do that. Would somebody be able to help me?

Hi @PianoEditor

A few confusing things in your description. Please try to clarify theses:

• When I bring the video track up to 1x speed, the photos play at the same timestamp as before.

• speed up where the photos come in ?
    What do you want to speed up…
    The interval between photos ?
    The length of time each photo is displayed ?

It is confusing, but if you are animating photos to come from here to there then just move the keyframes to the right position until you get what you want.

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I’d like to speed up where the photos come in, the intervals, and the length of time. When I put them in at .5x speed, they were adjusted for it. At 1x speed, I’d like them to be twice as fast, but I’m only able to increase the video track.

I could do that. I would just like to be able to do that without manually calculating each timestamp. Also, some photos are spaced at .03 seconds from each other, and it might not let me manually write in that I want them separated by .015 seconds.

Keyframes are timed by Hour:Minute:Second:Frame, where Frame is:

• 67ms at 15 fps
  • 42ms at 24 fps
  • 40ms at 25 fps
  • 33ms at 30 fps
  • 20ms at 50 fps
  • 17ms at 60 fps
  • 10ms at 100fps
  • 8 ms at 120fps

So whether you can get 15 ms accuracy is going to depend upon your framerate.

(Frame times rounded here to the nearest millisecond, but not so rounded in Shotcut.)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.