"Summertime Samba!" - a video showcasing an original composition. With a nice "flip-book" effect

Hi folks, just showing off my latest flute video!!
For those who don’t know, I make videos to accompany my original compositions and arrangements for flute-players. All 40+ of them made with Shotcut, of course…
This my latest - a cheeky little Samba!!

There’s not many cutting-edge new features used in this video, just a whole heap of picture-in-in picture editing, using a lot of SPR and crop filters, with some keyframing. The synchronisation between the dancers and the music was mostly due to luck rather than precise editing…

And of course, @elusien’s brilliant “flip-book” HTML method was PERFECT for this video. Thanks a million, Elusien!!
Watch the pages of the sheet music turn, at 0:23, 0:50, and about every 25 seconds after that …

Here’s the post where @elusien introduces this fabulous technique…
(What we do without him, guys…)?

Just for information, I composed the piece, played the piano accompaniment, added drums and bass sounds in Cubase to make the backing track, then recorded both flute parts in Cubase (multi-tracking).
BTW I still have to add the details to my website… it’s a work still in progress…

Thanks for watching, and enjoy dancing along to it in your lounge (maybe!) …

2 Likes

BTW… Here’s Elusien’s flipbook in action. I gave it a half-grey background (#808080). That way, if you apply a Blend mode (Hard light) filter to it, the grey turns transparent but the black and white stay opaque. It’s clever. :grin:
(This short video has no audio)…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.