Subtitles, what am I doing wrong?

My OS is Windows 11 and my Shotcut version is 22.09.23!

Hello! I’m very new at this and I’m trying to do this lil project, but I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong with my subtitles. I can’t seem to figure out how to make the background of my subs transparents so that only the words show up. I’m including a video of my step by step. Sorry I had to put it on Youtube!

Thanks very much for the help!

Select the V2 trackhead which is the track you are placing the text clip on. You’ll know that you selected it because it will turn blue and have a red outline. Then go the Properties panel. What it does it say for Blend mode?

It doesn’t give me a blend mode, it just says Color, as you see, and transparent.
(also thanks for answering!)

You didn’t understand me. I said:

Select the V2 trackhead which is the track you are placing the text clip on.

You selected the text clip itself. So go back and select the V2 trackhead which is to the left of the text clip then go the Properties panel and tell us what it says for Blend mode.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn’t know there was a difference. I figured out what was wrong, and have now properly blended the two to work as I wanted. Thanks very much for the help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.