"Storage Low" pop-up led to all my progress deleted

After finishing several hours of editing, I left my computer to be for a while only to come back to a pop-up that claimed I was running low on storage giving me the option to save, retry or ignore. Not thinking much of it, I clicked save and suddenly the program exited me out. As soon as I opened it back up, all my work was gone despite having saved it multiple times throughout the time I was editing. All it showed was a black screen with nothing in the timeline at all.

I thought this would be a one-time thing until today, I tried again, re-editing the footage as I was adding assets into it until I got the notice again. Again, I clicked save, and when I reopened it everything was gone.

My storage has a lot of space as well as extra data, so I don’t understand what’s wrong with it. Is there a way to get back what I lost or is that just it? Pls, help! :frowning:

If your hard drive is full, there is nowhere to write the file.

How much space? Not sure what you mean by extra data.

Unless you specified otherwise, Shotcut installs on your C Drive. Is your C Drive full? Not sure what operating system you are using.

It takes memory to be able to save. Often it still can but not always. There is no guarantee in this state. The low memory threshold is not at the complete end of the memory capacity to try to allow it, but who knows how aggressive memory is being consumed or how long it was before you seeing the message. I tried as best as I could, but that is all I have to give. Someone else can give it a shot. You should setup hourly backups. All operating systems include this.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.