Spinning image demo | filter set

Hi folks - I needed a spinning effect for an upcoming video, to show sheet music spinning in with a slight zoom.
So I made a filter set which does this. I’ve made the spin start and end slowly by utilising the “ease” keyframes feature.
Note - for this to work, I had to make the images into 1920 x 1080 pngs (with transparency) first, by adjusting the size, then using “export frame”.
NB You need to apply it to a transparent clip which is 7 seconds long, or more.

DEMO (featuring a selection of images):

I attach a filter-set if anyone wants to try it out. If you don’t know how to apply the filter-set, search on this forum or ask.
NB the filter set is designed for projects set at 1080p, 30 fps.
JR-spin-with-zoom-1920x1080-30fps.zip (642 Bytes)

Here’s the keyframes panel of the filter set:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @jonray.

I will give it a try later today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might try this thanks

1 Like

Merci @jonray. Downloaded, tested, validated and adopted. :+1:
(Maybe I’ll modify a bit with 2 less spins).

1 Like

@MusicalBox , @Oscar45 , @SergeC

You are welcome!

Good idea. Feel free to edit the keyframes. You could also make the spins a little slower…

BTW I forgot to mention that users will need to apply it to a transparent clip which is 7 seconds long, or more.

2 Likes

Great use of the Easing keyframes @jonray :+1:
I also removed a few spins and I made the rotations a little slower. :blush:

2 Likes

LOVE it! Actually much better than mine. Any chance you could post the revised filter-set? :smiley:

1 Like

Sure!
ANIM_MB-JR-spin-with-zoom-5sec-1080p-30fps.zip (699 Bytes)

Note though that I also modified the SP&R filter to work with my images.
For some reason, when Size Mode was set to Fit, I couldn’t make my logo zoom more than 80%.
So I had to change it to Fill

Also, I change the Rotation values of these keyframes:
Photoshop_kNng4uDs2n

They are the last keyframes of each rotation.
Because they were set at 360° and each next ones at 0° that caused a 1 frame stop in the animation.
I’ve set them to 332° and it seems to be the right value.

2 Likes

I wish I had a brain! D’oh! Actually I tried to get round it by making the first “new” keyframes at 0.5°, but your solution is way superior.
Thanks for the filter-set!

1 Like

I don’t need to do it anymore. Thanks for making the work easier. :sleeping: :sleeping:
Plus besoin de le faire. Merci d’avoir facilité le travail.

2 Likes

Much smoother! Thanks @musicalbox. I notice you’ve put in a SMOOTH keyframe in there also. Nice.

1 Like