Speed problem

What is your operating system?
window 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
20.09.27 64x

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

this never happened in the old version but when I update it to the new version, this is what happen:
I want to fast forward my video. it was fine until it hit the end of the row and then it started glitching out and I am having trouble editing because it keep freezing. Even when I press pause, it took a while for them to actually pause.

In the previous versions, did you always work with timelines that are 3 hours long?

I have worked for 4 and 5 hours before without a problem. if the max is 3 hours or less, then I can just cut my video into 3 hours or less from now on.

In version 20.09, the timeline thumbnails and chunks of audio waveform are not made visible until they actually come into view. This significantly improves the performance of zoom in and out while also reducing memory, but it does make the scrolling while playing a little choppy especially with fast forward. Also, if Shotcut is still busy generating waveforms in the background, that will be an unavoidable factor. This will not be fixed as the improvement to zoom is more valuable, but perhaps the new version 20.10 with a much upgraded GUI library will help. In other words, in my testing, the less smooth scrolling of timeline is much, much less of an issue compared to the previous performance of zooming on long videos.

so what I figure out is that even though the timeline has gone faster, I still have to wait the same amount of time as before for the timeline to finish completely and for me to edit the video.
so I guess if there is a way to actually make it goes faster with the timeline along with the time that I have to wait as well.

I am not happy with the degraded speed while horizontal scrolling either, especially when dragging the scroll bar. I have made an improvement I am still testing locally. :crossed_fingers:

if you can test another thing which is the export. While I am exporting files, my timeline speed also lag but other than that, I can use speed up when there is no export. just need to wait a while and speed up works fine.

Oh also, I want to say thank you for the boost on export. it went faster than before. Also the timeline is also faster than before.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.