Speed change issue in properties

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 up to date

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
All versions mentioned are 64 bit.

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I place a clip (mp4 created with version 21.01.29) in timeline, open properties, select speed. Change value to 2.0 (1.5 etc.) click outside pane to apply and nothing happens, pitch compensation check box unresponsive. It repeats every time. I’ve restarted system. I’ve unistalled-reinstalled. I’ve saved and reloaded and change was not saved. I’ve installed older version (21.01.29) and shotcut locks on open with MLT files saved with 21.05.18 and closes.

I have been able to change speed to 1.1 or 1.2 on a fresh load once but if I try to change it again or undo then try again the same issue repeats.

Anyone else having similar issues? I looked for it before reporting this and found nothing new.

I do not have these issues with 21.01.29 or any release prior to that.

Cheers

I’m able to duplicate this scenario. Clicking outside.
Appears once the speed field has been changed, clicking anywhere outside the pane ignores the setting.

I can click on the timeline, then go back to speed, change the value and hitting enter changes the speed, and CTRL + Z works without a problem. Perhaps a bug with focus.

Solution:
Change speed then hit Enter.
2021-06-08_03-26-17
Shotcut 21.05.18
Windows 10

For me (Windows 10, Shotcut 21.05.18) hitting Enter don’t always work.
The workaround I’ve used since forever is to click again in the Speed box then click elsewhere or hit Enter

2021-06-08_07.11.09

The tab key is best. A change is signaled when done editing, which is signaled most clearly when the widget loses focus. Tab simply focuses the next field within the form.

In my case, if I enter the new speed manually, then hit Enter (or Tab) to apply the changes, it works well
But when using the mouse wheel to choose a new speed, I always have to click in a blank part of the speed box to unselect the value before using Enter or Tab to apply changes.

I’ll make a suggestion you won’t like: Add a cute Apply button. :smirk:
applyspeed

Plenty of space and it looks great :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help. I did try enter but it was when the field values were highlighted and it did not work. Apparently the cursor must be active in the field to work with any method and it works 100%. It did not act this way it the previous versions I’ve used though. A click anywhere off the field always applied the value. It does work some of the time when the values are highlighted but I can’t figure out a common trigger. Only thing in common is I’m using the scroll wheel to make the value changes. Anywho I can deal with it. Just verifying I’m not crazy LoL.

Just sharing the fact that My installs of V-20.11.28 and V-21.01.29 which are both after the major overhaul are unable to open MLT files saved with V- 21.05.18. Is that a new topic? Can someone verify this?

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

I also meant to ask what are you using to do your screen captures?

Thanks

I use ShareX to capture or record screen/window/region, and Mouse Highlight to highlight the mouse pointer.

Added for the next version 21.06.

I reproduced the problem described using mouse only and that has always been unreliable, and I cannot be bothered to try to workaround the quirk in the GUI library sorry.

This is expected and mentioned in the release notes. We can not make all old versions forward compatible. Only very recent versions 21.02 and 21.03 had knowledge about incompatible changes coming to the project file format and where some forward compatibility was added.

1 Like

Thank you for this clarification, it explains things which had appeared to be quite anomalous when opening MLTs in appimages.