[SOLVED] Something happened to my timeline

I’ve been using shotcut for years for simple video editing. I’m fairly certain that this is either something I did or something about my system but, my timeline is suddenly unusable. There’s a place at the bottom of the screen that says timeline but, that’s all there is. There no icons, no menus, nothing and nothing happens when you try to drag a video to it. Here’s what it looks like.

I’m running Arch Linux. Shotcut version is 20.11.28-1.

The following is an excerpt from the log file. I’m not sure whether it’s relevant but, I’m including it just in case.

[Debug ] <Mlt::Controller::Controller> begin [Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib/mlt/libmltsox.so (libsox.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) [Info ] <MLT> plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file '/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat': /usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: invalid ELF header [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 2979 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 9792 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1043 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/delay.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/delay.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/delay.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1048 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/amp.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/amp.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/amp.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1049 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/amp.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/amp.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/amp.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1050 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/noise.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/noise.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/noise.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1041 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/filter.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/filter.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/filter.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1042 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/filter.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/filter.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/filter.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1044 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/sine.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1045 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/sine.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1046 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/sine.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' [Info ] <MLT> Plugin 1047 exists in both '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' and '/usr/lib64/ladspa/sine.so'; using version in '/usr/lib/ladspa/sine.so' [Info ] <MLT> plugin_mgr_get_object_file_plugins: error opening shared object file '/usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat': /usr/lib64/ladspa/ladspa-rubberband.cat: invalid ELF header [Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib/mlt/libmltsdl.so (libSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) [Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib/mlt/libmltrtaudio.so (librtaudio.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) [Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib/mlt/libmltopencv.so (libopencv_tracking.so.4.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I tried reinstalling and deleting my local configuration. No luck.

Any suggestions even if they include calling me an idiot (I’m used to the Arch forums.) would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried to use the official release package instead of the distribution package?

1 Like

Keystrokes?
Did you hit the Keystrokes button?
I did that once! whole timeline disappeared and i about had a heart attack on my project! Turn out i just the Keystrokes button, bottom left of screen next to where it says Timeline!
If not? Idk!! Maybe go with what the other guy said!!

1 Like

Do you mean Keyframes ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Probably because I was convinced that there was some button I messed up and hit. I don’t know what you know about the Arch User Repository (AUR) but, it had a shotcut-git which also installed mlt-git. I’m fairly certain those are the official release packages. They compile when you install. That seems to have fixed it.

I’m pretty sure that is what DaddyDman meant. It wasn’t the problem but, I appreciate the reply anyway.

2 Likes

Yup!! I meant KeyFrames!! My bad!
Good luck to you than!

Getting the right source code is important. But it is also important to have all the correct dependency versions packaged in the correct way. That is what many distribution packagers have trouble with.

I am glad you were able to get going again.

Yep but, in general, for compatibility purposes, you try to go with the distribution packages when you can. That’s especially true in a bleeding edge distribution like Arch.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.