[solved] How can I export a Video with 432hz audio?

Hi :wave:

I have a 432hz audio track (cat purr, fire,…) and trying to export it as a video on top of an image, but the resulting video is muted.

What I do so far: In the advanced export properties, on the Audio tab, as the option does not exists I manually set it to 432. Tried to export a short video with different codecs from the huge list and different b/s but still no sound exported. Using Shotcut version 19.08.16 on Win10

Error Log:

[producer avformat-novalidate] .../VIDEOS/vid02/KittyTwoMain

checking VFR: pkt.duration 512
[filter swresample] 2(stereo) f32le 44100Hz -> 2(stereo) f32le 432Hz

[filter swresample] swr_convert() failed. Alloc: 8 In: 735 Out: 0
[h264 @ 000000001819eb40] Reinit context to 1920x1088, pix_fmt: yuv420p

[mp4 @ 000000000595ac80] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.

What am I missing? The standard 440zh and such do work, it’s the conversion who did not, but don’t know why. Any specific codecs or b/s rate I must select from the long dropdown list?

432Hz is not a valid sample rate. You have entered into the “Advanced” section of the export settings. You should only change those values if you know exactly what you need to do. You should perform your export without changing any advanced settings and everything will work.

You are confusing the sampling frequency and the small pitch of the sound, which is commonly called “432 Hz”, this is when note A is 8 hertz lower than its original sound. Changing the sample rate will definitely not give you what you are looking for. To achieve the desired result, you need to pitch the audio track to -1.818%. You can try to do this with the built-in audio filter.

Worked like a charm indeed. Thank you.

Thank you for the details, much appreciated.