Software keeps crashing when playing and won't export completely

I nearly finished editing a video and went back to play what I had just to see if everything looked okay. About 3/4 into the video, ShotCut just stops the player head, buffers for a few seconds, then closes the program. After trying all I could with the various answers already on the forum with no luck, I just finished editing blindly and exported the video. I came back a few minutes later and the video export had failed. This had happened to me a few times in the past, so I just re-exported. After trying to export three times, I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
Is this a problem that can be solved? I really need this video to export, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I decided to delete the clips from and after the point where it would crash and then re-import them and that solved the issue.

What are the specs (e.g. CPU and RAM) on your computer? What OS are you running?

It’s an HP Pavilion p7-1157
Up to 2.1 GHz
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6530D
AMD Quad-Core A6-3600 Accelerated Processor

No worries now
I took out the clips from and after the point where it would crash and then re-import them and that solved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.