Snowing effect

Hi,

How to make snowing effect in shotcut? For example I have static png image and on that I would like to add snow looking very realistic (with wind visible etc.). Any ideas?

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Hi @ken_wawa

Just search for snowfall with black backgrounds clips on the web. I found this one on Pexel with “snowfall background” as keywords.

Put your still image on V1 and the snowfall clip on V2. Apply a Blend Mode filter to the snow clip and choose the Screen setting.

Result:

2 Likes

I was looking for a tint effect, because I have a good experience at creating snow from the tint in after effects and it’s extremely simple. (But on some occasions, we may need masking with a roto tool.)

Sadly I need to wait for it.

That’s one of the options… However I’m wondering about sth more sophisticated, ex. like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwNo7sLOpU&lc=UgzgSLayPPiT4zZVmTx4AaABAg.9XgD1ItwrHK9XsfvW98ys2

There’s a big chance he used the same method as the one I showed you. He just used a different snow cilp.

He said sth like that he used many small clips and controlled movements independently but no more details. And this snow is much more dynamic that just using clip… Please observe it well…

Btw, did you use any clips or images from Pexel on yt? Any problems with copyright (even if for commercial uses)? Or is that 100% free?

I use Pexels quite a bit. Their licence is explained here: https://www.pexels.com/license/

Basically:

What is allowed?

We tried to keep the Pexels License as simple as possible. Keep reading to find out more.

• All photos and videos on Pexels are free to use.
  • Attribution is not required. Giving credit to the photographer or Pexels is not necessary but always appreciated.
  • You can modify the photos and videos from Pexels. Be creative and edit them as you like.

What is not allowed?

Respect the hard work of our contributors and keep these restrictions in mind.

• âś• Identifiable people may not appear in a bad light or in a way that is offensive.
  • âś• Don’t sell unaltered copies of a photo or video, e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first.
  • âś• Don’t imply endorsement of your product by people or brands on the imagery.
  • âś• Don’t redistribute or sell the photos and videos on other stock photo or wallpaper platforms.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.