Slideshow made with the new beta slideshow generator

Made with the new slideshow generator. Took about 15 minutes to make.
Most of that time was spent trying to find a few interesting images in my archive.
This new tool worked perfectly, right out of the box. :+1:

12 Likes

Nice. Sounds like it’s quick and easy. Can’t wait to try it.

It’s very quick. The slideshow is created in seconds.

Also, it’s not limited to images, one can use video clips and a mixture of video clips and images for the slideshow :open_mouth:

True, but keep in mind the videos’ duration will be constrained. But after making the slideshow, you can visit the video clips on the timeline and use trim with ripple mode on to adjust them.

Wow this could be very very helpful to me! I had no idea it was in the works so I’m excited. And it could potentially be big for getting more users. Keep pressing on with this workflow please :slight_smile:

Here is roughly how I would use Movie Maker in the past -

• Get all photos and videos I wanted for a slideshow project copied into a new directory.
  • Sort by Date Taken and throw them all into a new Movie Maker project.
  • Weed out a bit more items for an acceptable total video duration.
  • Select All and apply random pan/zoom and transition options. These were 2 separate function and I usually decided I didn’t like transitions but I kept the pan/zoom.
  • Made smaller adjustments to some photos such as changed the pan/zoom type or changed the duration.
  • Added music tracks.

With this workflow I used the automatically chosen options for pan/zoom on most of the items. On some where it mattered more such as panoramas or my favorites or those where there was an obvious focus of the photo, I did adjust some things. But I didn’t have to since it was already done randomly.

Here is my rough workflow currently with Shotcut -

• Get all photos and videos I wanted for a slideshow project copied into a new directory.
  • Sort by Date Taken.
  • Drag one photo into a new Shotcut project’s Playlist.
  • Make sure the duration is what I want for most photos (6 seconds).
  • Throw all the rest of the items into a new Shotcut project’s Playlist.
  • Weed out a bit more items for an acceptable total video duration.
  • Set the pan/zoom (Size & Position filter) on each photos individually (hundreds).
  • Select All Playlist items and add to the Timeline.
  • Manually adjust keyframes on some photos if I want to pan/zoom differently than the presets in Size & Position filter.
  • Added music tracks.

If I can add a pan/zoom to everything with the new slideshow generator in one shot in a similar way to what I did in Movie Maker, that would really improve how quickly I can get to an acceptable finished slideshow video.

@HikingMike, have you tried the new beta release that has the new slideshow generator? :slightly_smiling_face: If not you should try it out and leave feedback about the slideshow generator in the beta thread:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.