Size position rotate fileter - dragging is difficult

What is your operating system?
Mac OS 14.2.1

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
I can’t exactly reproduce the problem directly, but if I try to use shift-dragging to make fine adjustments to the position for more than about 2 minutes, the problem seems to always come up.

Ok, first, Shotcut is amazing overall, and I want to pass this along to make it even better. Many thanks to the developers and commenters.

Now, the problem is this, when I use the size/position/rotate filter to basically “zoom in”, I rely on shift-drag to find the right offsets (typing them manually would be awful, especially if I’m tracking a moving object with keyframes). But frequently, my drag operation suddenly starts rotating, to seemingly random degrees, mid-drag. Then I completely lose sight of the desired object, and I have to go manually re-set the rotate field, AND I have to check my recent keyframes to make sure they weren’t set with an unintentional rotation applied.

Also a related problem, though less frequent – sometimes it tells me that I can’t drag from the project (like it doesn’t recognize my shift button). Maybe this could be a clue about the above problem.

As a workaround, it would be great if an option could be added to disable the rotate feature, like if I’m having this trouble I could un-click an “enable rotate” box in the filter, then at least I won’t get errant rotations.

Here’s a screencapture of the rotation happening in the middle of my drag operation