Size of timeline

What is your operating system?
win 10 64

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
from 2021 to 2023 some

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

i did not have hated the seperation of windows like export really much. it was more
the placing back which is jumping and placing not my mind. but a great problem is
now that the export section goes until the bottom and now the timeline is so short.

You can move the timeline where you want including to make it big from side to side.
Post a screenshot or screen record if you can’t, or try View β†’ Layout β†’ Restore default layout.

The UI is very dynamic, you can reorder most of the gui views

1 Like

it is not so that i can move the sections where i want to.
sometimes more than 1 section is jumping around. and the timeline now 2023-05 is not be
able to make from left screen.
to see the list of exports i have to greaten the right side of export. but the timeline does not
push up the long list. same behaviour with the task-section on the right of the window.

@TimLau showed a video of how you can move anything anywhere you want. It is difficult to understand your description. I think you need to provide a screenshot or video so we can see what you are describing.

1 Like

Look like you have messed up you layout

You can use View β†’ Layout β†’ Restore Default Layout to get a fresh start

Please be aware that this is sensitive to the quick workspace picker in the top right of the window.

You might to change that to Editing if you have not before resetting the layout.

the restore default is not a solver, because how you see in my video.
the timeline goes not to the left and the export shrinks so much so i
can not see the list.

After you restore default, you can still move and resize all the panels to be the size you like.

even after defaults i can not push it there, how you see in my video.

i do not know how i pushed the windows, but now it is how i want,
but by pushing timeline to the left, it does not go under the export.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.