ShuttleXpress /ShuttlePro V2 in Linux (Ubuntu)

ShuttleXpres or ShuttlePro V2 is possible conect to Linux.

1. Drivers: the current linux kernel knows the Shuttle Xpress/V2 and has the right drivers
    (test: To demonstrate ShuttleXpress is completely functional: sudo apt-get install evtest
    And then: sudo evtest /dev/input/by-id/usb-Contour_Design_ShuttleXpress-event-if00
    If you can see the responses as you jog ShuttleXpress, you did it )

2. There is a free project at ShuttlePRO if problem try: Shuttle GO
    aimed at ShuttlePROv2 but that also works to ShuttleXpress. My steps were as follows.

Download and extract the zipped files to anywhere you wish (I sent it to my home directory).

There are some changes to be made in order to make the soft work with ShuttleXpress.

Open “shuttle” and change the path to what you got from “ls /dev/input/by-id/ | grep Contour” (in my case “/dev/input/by-id/usb-Contour_Design_ShuttleXpress-event-if00”).

Then, open “99-ShuttlePRO.rules” and rename “Contour Design ShuttlePRO v2” to “Contour Design ShuttleXpress”.

Now Shoot:
apt-get install build-essential libx11-dev libxtst-dev
cd ~/ShuttlePRO-master
sudo make
sudo cp 99-ShuttlePRO.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
sudo make install

Make sure everything is in place:
ls /usr/local/bin/shuttle; ls /etc/udev/rules.d/99-ShuttlePRO.rules

To start running just do:
“sudo shuttle”

If you can scroll the terminal by wheeling the jog, you just did it.

To stop the soft, just “Ctrl + C”.

*(Thanks atipico https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=90466&Itemid=81#9049*8 )
  1. Configuration:
    Open file manager with root axes: sudo nautilus
    Copy the example.shuttlerc file to /root/.shuttlerc and edit it there.
    Instead of " [Defauld] key" whrite yourself code or paste my SuttleXpress code:

K5 XK_Control_L/D XK_Z XK_Control_L/U
K6 “x”
K7 " "
K8 “S”
K9 “B”
JL XK_Left
JR XK_Right
S-3 “-”
S-2 “-”
S-1 “-”
S0
S1 “=”