Shrink & Fall transition Preset

Yet another transition for Shotcut.
I created that one to use in a video I made for my grandson.
I’m afraid it will only work properly on 1920 x 1080 projects.
Sorry 720p and 4K enthusiasts.

To get it, download and un-zip this file:
Shrink-Fall_Transition-Presets_1920x1080.zip (5.1 KB)

There are four files in the ZIP:

Shrink-Fall_Transition-Preset_1920x1080_24fps.txt
Works with 23.98 fps, 24 fps and 25 fps projects.

Shrink-Fall_Transition-Preset_1920x1080_30fps.txt
Works with 29.97 fps and 30 fps projects.

Shrink-Fall_Transition-Preset_1920x1080_50fps.txt
Works with 50 fps projects.

Shrink-Fall_Transition-Preset_1920x1080_60fps.txt
Works with 59.94 fps and 60 fps projects.

INSTRUCTIONS

Open the preset TXT file corresponding to your project’s frame rate.
You will find instructions inserted in each file.

For step by step instructions, watch this demonstration of the preset used on a 30 fps project.

9 Likes

That looks incredibly useful. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Another useful tool for my Shotcut toolbox. Perhaps not everyone comments but we all appreciate the work that you do. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments @david.lyon and @Ironbark. Glad you like it :slight_smile:

It’s not a very elaborate transition, but I figured it would fit well in a video meant for a young kid.

1 Like

Indeed, also for transitioning flute music pages … :wink: Thank you, I will use it! Nice recorder playing BTW. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Jon.

Thanks to Kevin McLeod. He shares some pretty good stuff in the YouTube Audio Library.

1 Like

@MusicalBox I have designed a small HTML file that will accept a resolution e.g. 1920 x 1080 and a framerate e.g. 30 fps and will then create the relevant version of your transition preset. I thought it a shame that others with different project resolutions were missing out and it does away with the need for more than one file for the various framerates.

The HTML file is below, just remove the “.txt” suffix and run it in a browser window. You can easily copy the result to the clipboard using Ctrl c

Enjoy

Shrink_Fall_Transition.html.txt (5.0 KB)

2 Likes

:astonished:
Honestly @Elusien sometimes I think you should use this image as your profile picture:
Gandalf600ppx

This is awesome. Thanks a lot.

I quickly looked at the code in the HTML file.
When (or if) I ever create a another transition with filters that uses pixels to set the sizes and positions, I guess a completely new HTML file will be needed. Right now I don’t see how I could edit that file myself to use on other TXT presets.

1 Like

Brilliant idea @elusien - clever beyond words… :+1: :smile:

I wouln’t mind Gandalf’s hair, my hairstyle is more like Yule Brinner’s in The King and I.

The artistry is in developing the preset in the first place, the rest is just coding. A nice team effort.

The main problem was the keyframing. I changed the times at which the keyframes occurred into frame-numbers according to the framerate which is why you see code like: ${(0.8*fr).toFixed(0)} (the .toFixed(0) rounds it to an integer). The horizontal and vertical values (x,y) I had to convert to percentages of the horizontal and vertical resolutions like: ${(0.874*hr).toFixed(0)} (i.e. 87.4% of the horizontal resulution).

It’s a bit quick and dirty, as I’m still a bit under the weather, though now COVID-negative thank goodness, but it works. It would really help if the x,y positions in the Shotcut filters could be expressed as percentages. It would make it so much easier.

If you could point me to, or provide me with, a ZIP of all of your TXT presents I could try to do something similar, though maybe a bit more professionally - possibly a single HTML file with a selection of presets to choose from.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that, @elusien!

Sorry. I’ve been away for a couple of days, and won’t have access to my computer for a few days more.
Will get back to this when I return. Thanks :+1:

1 Like