Show a specific section

Hello friends !

There is a 1920x1080p 30fps video.

I just want a specific section to appear. The part I want to appear is Rectangular.. or close to the square… I want all the remaining parts to be hazy.

Which filter is suitable for this? ( SC 26.9.27 )

Hazy… or blurry?

Filters > Video > Blur: Pad

If it’s not what you are looking for, I think it’s a mask you want?

or 2 clip of the same video on top of each other,
the one on top > Filters> Crop: Rectangle (crop the video as you wish,
the one below > Filters > Blur: Box or Blur: Exponential

Hi @Ertan - I did it in a similar way to @Patrice’s method, also with 2 tracks.
I used Blur:Gaussian, and Mask:Simple Shape.

  1. Put your video on V1
  2. Apply a Blur filter
  3. Copy the video to V2
  4. Remove the Blur filter and add a Mask:Simple shape filter.
  5. Adjust the Mask filter rectangle.

How it works:
The default setting for the Mask filter is “Overwrite”, meaning that the area around it turns transparent, allowing the blurred video to show through round the edges.

PS Change the Mask filter to “Subtract”, and the rectangle will blur, not the edges…

PS One advantage of Mask over Crop - you can soften the edges of the mask filter, if you want.

There is also a Filter Set built into Shotcut called Obscure with Blur

Oh heck, that’s great, @musicalbox. Much easier! That one passed me by somehow… How useful. :+1:

Not a mask. Yes, the first one you sent. Thank you very much.

Thank you very much, sir.

Thank you very much.

The first answer is the one I was looking for. But the others are also very good alternatives.