Shotcut v17.10.02 Fedora 26 Linux Crashes @ playlist transition on timeline with advanced chroma key filter

I don’t remember this bug on earlier versions of shotcut and I need this version because earlier versions had multiple video channel issues that this version reconciled. However, this bug is stopping me dead in my tracks. I have two ‘scenes’ from the timeline and where that video track appends the two clips together - it crashes if I ask shotcut to use the advanced chroma key. It does not crash if I remove that filter. I have tried putting the filter on the video channel and on the clip segments and it makes no difference. If it’s there - when the play head gets to the transition - it crashes and removes itself from memory. I am using the GPU processing option. This system is an Acer Predator G9-798-78WG w/64 GiB ram & 2 TiB DASD with an NVIDIA GTX1070M GPU running dual boot with Windows 10 (which I never use). This particular project has three video channels and the clips in question are on channel 3.

If it matters I’ve set it up using Hue (not color) and the values in the first three slots are 18, 100, & 38.

UPDATE: I turned off the GPU processing and the system does not crash. So, I suppose that’s where the bug is…