Shotcut Reddit User Cannot Create Forum Account Here on forum.shotcut.org

Hi,
There is a post on the Shotcut reddit (link posted below) saying that the user has tried to create an account here on the forum, but cannot do so.

I thought I would post this in the hope that someone has a solution of some sort (e.g., a contact address that this user can email, or even reaching out to the reddit user - I would be happy to DM the user with information for a contact person here at the forum, if possible).

As the user asks, is this a bug or known problem? Have there been others who have been unable to create an account here on the forum?

REDDIT POST
‘Not being able to join Shotcut forum’
"Hi everyone,

I recently began working with Shotcut and even more recently found out that there is an official forum for questions/support ect. However, unfortunately, I’m not able to create an account on there because I do not get an confirmation e-mail. I have tried multiple times (as in weeks apart), multiple e-mail addresses and checked my spam-inbox thoroughly.

Since there is not any contact information on the website, I’ve decided to try my luck here. Does anyone know if this is a known problem (or not) and possibly how to fix it?

Thanks in advance"

I remember I had trouble getting notifications a couple of years ago. I was using my Hotmail email account at the time. It was fixed when I switched to a Gmail email in my Shotcut account.

Maybe this person can try with an email address from a different service.

Thanks for helping this future forum member.

I can see from the user management screen that a dozen people have successfully created new accounts today. Some of them have already participated in posts. So account creation must be working.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to a log of failed e-mail attempts. So I can not see if any e-mails failed to be delivered.

I agree with the suggestion of trying different e-mail addresses, but it seems like the person already did that. Maybe double check to make sure the address is from a completely different e-mail provider?

2 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at this, Brian, and for confirming that others have been able to successfully create accounts today.

Fingers crossed that the prospective user can find a way to successfully join the forum at some point.

Thanks, MusicalBox.

I will pass this on, in case the reddit user has not seen your suggestion.

When I created my account here about two weeks ago I was a little worried that I might have some trouble because I have occasionally had problems registering with these kinds of forums with my Yahoo account, but everything went successfully.

Thanks again.

1 Like

See here for more info and response from Dan:

Thanks, Elusien.

I need some info about the account like a username or email alias to locate an account manually activate. Otherwise, yeah, due to prolific spam on the Internet some email systems reject our mail even though I have taken measures to provide legitimacy.

Thanks, Dan.

If I had had any more responses from that reddit user, I would go back to them and ask what user name they tried to register with here, but I have not had any responses, so am going to leave this matter here.

Thanks for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.