Shotcut keeps making file whenever I found the said file

I’m not that great at explaining but I hope it makes sense.

So I was editing a video and when I was about to export it, a notification pops up and said that a file was missing. I thought a clip of mine has gone missing but then I realize the whole file has gone missing. So I save as and make a new file. I tried to export it again and it said it’s still missing a file. I closed the software and reopen it to see what’s still missing.

It turns out the same file was still missing but when I checked it’s there but there’s also a new file with gibberish as it’s name. I try using the gibberish file and I found out that it’s the same file with different name. So I tried using that file to export but it said it’s still missing a file. I closed and reopen it yet again, just to found out that I’m still dealing with the same problem. This time, a repaired file and a new gibberish file pops up. This keeps happening over and over. It keeps making new file and I don’t know what to do.

Is there a way to fix this?

What is your Shotcut version? (Help then About Shotcut)
What language setting are you using?

What you are describing sounds similar to this bug report.

It sounds like one of the video files you added to the project (maybe in the playlist, maybe in the timeline) got moved/deleted and shotcut is trying to find it. Can you show a screenshot of the message when it is shown?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.