Shotcut.exe meta data is missing

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1415

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.12.21 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
The meta data for shotcut.exe is largely missing. See the attached image. Descriptions and versions are particularly missing. The software update monitor app I use relies on this meta data being there. I assume other such apps are expecting this data to be there. On top of that, it’s seemingly the norm for this data to be filled in. I consider this a minor issue but I assume it would be easy to fix.

Please submit a patch for it. Here are our build scripts; notice the intentional lack of Microsoft Visual Studio

See also

The build-windows.yml above does install windres.exe.

Happy holidays to you too. :slight_smile:

I think my contribution here is alerting you to the minor issue. I haven’t done software development in many years and wasn’t looking to get back into it, at least anytime in the foreseeable future.

Done for the next version.

2 Likes

Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and all the developers of this great application!

1 Like