Shotcut cuts my photos

Good morning all,
I am trying to realize a photo presentation on Shotcut (version 23.07.29). When exporting mp4 video, all photos taken vertically have been cut by the problem, so I can only see the central part of the picture.
Anybody can suggest a solution?
Thanks

More info is needed.
Did you use filters on your photo clips or on the tracks?
What is the project’s Video Mode?
What are the export settings?

Can you share a screen capture of the exported video, showing one of the photos that is cut?
Can you share a screen capture of the entire Shotcut window with the preview showing the same photo?

Thanks for your reply.
You can find the screen captures at the following links:
1 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (type of project chosen)
2 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (photo I am trying to add, the one being cut)
I don’t use filters, I would just understand how to have the whole picture in the video, no matter if there are black bands on the borders. What is the best way to have it? I am a newbie!
Thanks

P.S. Two more links are following

Two more links:
3 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (Export properties I am using)
2015-A-frame-at-0m26s hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (How picture appears after video is exported. Format is -mp4)

Seems odd. Try adding a Size, position & rotate (SPR) filter to one of those images, and set it to a height of 1080 (the width should auto adjust).

Test to make sure it works,and then copy that filter to every other vertical image (there is also another way to do that but let’s focus on one thing at a time).

Good luck!

This is what you already have as you have show in the screenshots.

I do not believe this is how it exported. Shotcut does not work like that. Maybe this is a problem with your media player. You did not show it. Identify the media player, and show a screenshot of it playing in a Window. Or, upload it to a cloud drive and share a link here for us to see.

Hello again, I think I solved my issue.
When generating my presentation, I didn’t switch the Aspect Ratio Conversion from Crop Center to Pad Black. Making this, the pictures are not cut anymore and the result is the needed one.
Thanks anyway

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.