Shotcut crashes when I open this mlt file

I don’t know what I did wrong but after a couple days of editing the mlt file started causing shotcut to crash and i don’t know why. And i would greatly appreciated if someone could tell me what I did wrong so I don’t do it again. And for some reason my friend can open this mlt file but I can’t. Also my friend is using the same version and operating system.

I’m using 19.08.16 version of shotcut on Windows 10
ccc1.mlt (126.1 KB)

I do not know exactly. It opens for me without substituting any of me media. Even if I try, I do not have 2 other .mlt files that this project includes. Your problem is likely related to that. Do any of these .mlt files refer to other .mlt files? Shotcut does have a bug when your nested .mlt files exceed some number of tracks when used in a multitrack project. It also has a problem when A.mlt includes A.mlt (Shotcut tries to prevent this) or A.mlt includes B.mlt and B.mlt includes A.mlt (Shotcut does not detect that or A.mlt includes B.mlt includes C.mlt includes A.mlt etc. - cycles).

I removed the one with the name “ccc1 - Repaired.mlt” since it is not being used in your timeline, and maybe you do not really want it here. If this does not work, we can try to remove “ccc1 intro.mlt” as well.

ccc1 - try fix 1.mlt (125.3 KB)

1 Like

sorry I took so long to get back to you but it works now! thank you so much for the help you’ve been amazing

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.