-
What is your operating system?
Win 11
-
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
26.9.27
-
Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
When I attempt to import a video taken with Samsung phone, Shotcut offers conversion to fixed frame ratio. If I agree, it starts the job, then stops at 3-8% (depending on video length), then crashes.
Can share the video that causes the problem, but it’s large: 425M. LMK where to upload, or I can put it onto my own server and share the link via PM.
Shotcut crashes or only the conversion job? I think you mean the job.
I do not provide a large upload area. You need to use a cloud drive service of your own and share it.
I tested the video you provided with that version of Shotcut on Windows, and it worked for me. You did not specify which codec/quality or advanced options; so, I used the defaults.
To initiate it, I dragged the file from Explorer to the player area; you did not specify the steps.
I just tested by using 10-bit Linear CPU processing mode, proxy on, dragging to timeline, convert to ProrRes, proxy replaces timeline clip, conversion replaces timeline clip, manually make proxy for the converted, and proxy replaces timeline clip.
I dragged to the playlist.
That worked for me too.
Is this something that you can reproduce, from the bug template: “Can you repeat the problem?” If this reproduces, then try a workaround. Choose cancel. Then, in Properties click Convert.
Not anymore. No idea why: crashed on me 4 or 5 times, on two different clips. Now works – tried to capture crash video for you, but now both clips convert, doing the same thing. No changes in between: updates, restarts, anything. Well, good if so 
Sorry for false alert anyway