Shotcut crashes a lot

Hi, I’m a new Shotcut user. I just started working with it but I already experienced a lot of crashes.

Included is the logfile Shotcut created after the last crash, which happened when I changed the speed of a clip.

My specs:

13700KF
128GB PC5-44800 DDR5
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Asus Geforce RTX 3060 DUAL-RTX3060-O12G-V2
2x Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD
1x Corsair MP600 CORE X
shotcut-log.txt (36.5 KB)
T 4 TB SSD

The Shotcut version is 23.09.29.
Any idea why it keeps crashing?

Ok, I can actually reproduce it now. Kindly see this video: https://youtu.be/pnuYNbEVRJc
What is remarkable is that it worked without any crash for hours in a row tonight. That hadn’t happen before. It still lagged a lot but at least it worked for a few hours without crashing. I saved the project under a new name so I can work further on it, and if required I now also still have the old project where the issue can be reproduced.
Looking forward to your reply!

Hereby also some info from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: shotcut.exe, version: 23.9.29.0, time stamp: 0x65169e06
Faulting module name: Qt6Core.dll, version: 6.4.3.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000281642
Faulting process id: 0x0x481C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA0213F0459788
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Shotcut\shotcut.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Shotcut\Qt6Core.dll
Report Id: 7031ba35-ab1a-49d4-981c-fd5d257754ac
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Like

OK, sorry, I don’t know how to fix it.

1 Like

What would you need to be able to work on a fix?

try Shotcut 22.12.21 and see if that works for you. thats my case…

Thanks, vibits. Are Shotcut projects backwards compatible? If so, I will definitely try it out.

I’ve used 22.12.21 for a while today but it just crashed again. Still thanks for thinking with me vibits. @shotcut Which other info would you need to be able to troubleshoot the issue?

Do you do a restart of the PC first - and check the browser doesn’t open in the background.

Thanks for your reply, alanclarkeau.
My pc is restarted at least once a day.
Why would you recommend against having a browser open in the background? As a best practice to free up resources, or are there specific known issues with it? I’m asking because with my browser and Shotcut project open, this is my system summary.

@shotcut Which info can I provide you so that you can troubleshoot the issue?

I tried to watch the video link in the second post but it does not work for me.

There is another post here about crashing, maybe this is the same problem you have?

If that is not the same problem, can you provide clear step-by-step instructions to reproduce the crash?