Shotcut crashed and only MLT recoverable

What is your operating system? Windows 11

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit? 22.12.21

Shocut crashed a few hours into creating a new project. I was able to recover the MLT file which I could add to a new project but whenever I go to continue editing the video, Shotcut crashes again.

Is there anything I can do to salvage my work or do I just need to start again? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shotcut creates an application log every time it runs. Find the location of the application log. Then, run Shotcut and after it crashes, upload the lot to this forum post.

Maybe there will be a clue that helps us understand why it crashes.

Just to make sure I understand correctly; Shotcut only borks when you attempt to edit the work from the previously crashing mlt file, but you can open a new project and import other unrelated videos and work as normal elsewhere?

If that’s the case then please also upload a copy of your recovered mlt file (in addition to the log that Brian requested) since it sounds like it might still be corrupt.

Many thanks to both you for responding.

PS, you are correct, it is only when I try to edit the video again that it crashes. So, I have tried to export the mlt as an mp4 in it’s current state which seems to be working.

Im hoping that once the mp4 is exported, I can create a new project using that, without losing any of the work done so far.

Brian, if this venture does not work. I shall follow your instructions.

Thank you again!

The only other recommendation I have (although if I was THE Supreme Leader this would be mandatory) is the following: