Shotcut crash

Linux version 5.3.0-24-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-035) (gcc version 9.2.1 20191008 (Ubuntu 9.2.1-9ubuntu2)) #26-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 14 01:33:18 UTC 2019 (Ubuntu 5.3.0-24.26-generic 5.3.10)

Shotcut 19.12.16

I am not able use filter, shotcut crash. What else do You need to help me, please?
Thanks
shotcut crash

Where did you get Shotcut and what is the package format?
What is the status of OpenGL on your system? The player, Filters, Timeline, and Keyframes UI all use OpenGL for rendering. There can be incompatibility here. In Settings > Display Method you can try using the Software option:

I get shotcut from official repository of Ubuntu. I use it without problems about half year, trables came a few days ago (I supose with the last update 19.12.16).

In Settings > Display Method was openGL, a change to Software(MESA) is the result the same.

The part of log You are writing about is:

[Debug ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL begin
[Info ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL OpenGL vendor “Intel Open Source Technology Center”
[Info ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL OpenGL renderer "Mesa DRI Intel® Sandybridge Mobile "
[Info ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL OpenGL threaded? false
[Info ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL OpenGL ES? false
[Debug ] Mlt::GLWidget::initializeGL end

Whats is wrong?

Thanks for Your help,

ov

Sorry but I do not know what change broke it for you. You can download an older version in AppImage format on Github: https://github.com/mltframework/shotcut/releases
It works fine for me on my Ubuntu 19.04 system running on Intel graphics.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.