Shotcut CHALLENGE: Reproduce a Text Animation

I can’t be the winner because I couldn’t make a frame-by-frame animation, I could only guess what filters were used in it. My graphics were slower. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s how I did my original effect (first post)

V1: Background clip
V2 : Text effect

filters

• Create a 5-second transparent clip and place it on a track above your background clip(s)
  • Apply this Filter Set to the transparent clip.
    TEXT_MB__Elastic-Text-Effect_5sec-transparent_1080p_30fps.zip (857 Bytes)
  • Edit the default text. You can use more characters if you need to. The line of text will adapt to the width of the text area.

And here’s how I did the variation I showed on post 11:

After applying the Filter Set on the transparent clip, I duplicated the clip on the track above.
V1: Background clip
V2: Transparent clip with Filter Set
V3: Copy of the clip on V2

Next, I scramble the text of the clip on V2
I added a Crop: Rectangle filter on each transparent clip.
They both follow the Elastic effect. One hides one half of the clip on V2, the other one hides the opposite half of the clip on V3.

Here’s the MLT file, if you want to study it:
elastic-text_scrambled.mlt (11.3 KB)

4 Likes

Brilliant. Might have known you did it on ONE TRACK (with a filter-set, too, no less)!
Words fail me. You are beyond clever. BRAVO!

Your demo looked great to me! And the Olympic motto is Faster - Higher - Stronger. You did it faster than me. You win… :rofl: :wink:

PS @dimadjdocent - it would be great to see how you did it…

1 Like

thankyou

2 Likes

I made it as simple as possible.

• Text: Simple. I originally wanted to use SPR to move the text, but eventually decided against it because the text didn’t need to be rotated.
    • Elastic Scale. I immediately realized that it was impossible to do without this filter.
    • Blur: Box. Of course, I saw an imitation of the Motion Blur effect, which can only be realized thanks to this filter.

1 Like

Thanks, @dimadjdocent for your method. You used just one track as well. I couldn’t work out how to do it on just one track. Clever!

1 Like

This is the project.
Challenge 1.zip (1.3 KB)

1 Like

Cool, thanks!