Shotcut AppImage problem

Not sure if it’s a bug, but the latest SC AppImage seems to be missing libfuse.so.2
I often use AppImages and have never encountered the following error:

OS specs:

PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“9”
VERSION=“9 (stretch)”
ID=debian

Linux version 4.9.0-4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18) ) #1 SMP Debian 4.9.51-1 (2017-09-28)

This cannot be fixed in the Shotcut AppImage. The AppImage runtime itself requires FUSE, not Shotcut or its dependencies.

OK thanks @shotcut

Will have a look at my installation of AppImage as others seem to run.

Decided to take another route and extract the AppImage.
All went well until I try to run it.
Comes up with the error:

Aparently this is something related to QT and I can’t find that lib anywhere.
Any help appreciated.

EDIT:

All sorted, needed libharfbuzz.so.0 and libglib-2.0.so.0 ( 64 bit versions) as they were not part of the AppImage.

I don’t know how you launch the appimage after you extract it so it may not be using the bundled dependencies which is bad. I recurved to use the portable archive with its desktop file or launcher script in this situation.

Here is the exact procedure I used:

1. Downloaded the latest AppImage to /Downloads.

2. Made it executable.

3. As mentioned before, running the AppImage did not work although other AppImages do, so…

4. Extracted it using ./Shotcut-190615.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage --appimage-extract

5. This created a folder called “squashfs-root” under /Downloads.

6. Renamed it to “Shotcut-190615”

7. Ran “AppRun” but it complained about libharfbuzz.so.0

8. Downloaded and extracted “libharfbuzz0b_1.4.2-1_amd64.deb” to “/Downloads/Shotcut-190615/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu”, this then gave me libharfbuzz.so.0

9. Ran “AppRun” again but complained about “libglib-2.0.so.0”.

10. Repeated process in point 8 but with “libglib2.0-0_2.50.3-2_amd64.deb”.

11. Ran “AppRun” again and all working.

Here are the appimage exclusions

Thank you Dan, that is a handy list and confirms that those two libs are excluded.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.