Shotcut and Green Screen Fill

I think I know the answer to this, but I thought I’d ask anyway.

I was testing the green screen feature (Chroma Key: Advanced) of Shotcut and was able to achieve a pretty good looking key.

Though a problem I encountered is that my green screen doesn’t take up the entire frame, leaving unkeyed sections on the left and right (where the green screen doesn’t reach). With Final Cut Pro X I am able to extend a crop to those areas, though the crop in Shotcut doesn’t appear to work in the same manner.

Or is there something I’m missing? I’ll continue to play around and let the forum know if I discover a way to make it happen.

Use Mask: Simple Shape

You could also export a frame, and make your own custom mask with a photo editor, then use Mask: From File
shotcut_2021-02-12_05-04-51

1 Like

Ah! I haven’t even begun playing with masks – simple or otherwise – with Shotcut. I’ll give this a try and see how it works.

Looking at what you’ve done above, is the mask on the same track as the original key or is it on the track that holds the jpg (I’m asking because it’s not evident from your clip though I’ll try it both ways).

Thanks!

1 Like

That was insanely easy! Just added Mask: Simple Shape on the same track as the key, played with the Operation, and a great looking key!

Is there a way to heart your comment more!?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.