Shotcut 23.05 crashes when adding a second video to timeline

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 22H2 Pro X64 Updated (last time checked 05/11/2023)

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut 23.05 x64 (latest released)

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?

• I open Shotcut 23.05;
  • I add 2 videos to the video list;
  • I move one video to the time line and it takes more time than previous version, but no crashes here;
  • I add the second video and the Shotcut closes without any messages and no log is created about it;
  • I tried with different videos in the video list. No matter what video I use (1080p 30fps, 720p 29 fps, etc), Shotcut always crashes when I add a second video to the timeline for edition.

I rolled back to previous version and all is working.

OK, thanks, but I am not reproducing it. By “move” and “add” I assume you mean drag-n-drop (there are multiple ways). Did you turn on GPU Effects in version 23.05?

no. i didnt change anything. just installed and tried to do another video on it but no lucky, so i rolled back to previous edition that works for me.

I have tried to recreate this in many ways (file open, dragging, etc). But I can not cause a crash. Maybe there is something specific about your source files. Can you try with some files from a different source?
For example, can you download this file and see if you can cause a crash with it?

sorry, i can’t as im on previous version of shotcut.

ill wait for the first point release to try it again. thanks anyway.

EDIT.: ops… i see that there is a new release. Ill test it when i get home later tonight and ill post my feedback here.