Short Film - CHOICE

CHOICE

Here is a production we started summer '22. About a (my) addiction - I am through with it. Made with shotcut.

Happy new year to you.
Tom

9 Likes

some keywords about the technical stuff: My camera is a ZV1 from Sony, I shot most of the clips in slog2 and did some colorgrading. The last step was to apply a ā€œbypass bleachā€ look. I did this putting a copy (desaturated) of the clip on a track ontop and set the blending mode of the track to ā€œhard lightā€.

Please feel free for critique or questions.

Thank you for this lively and useful piece of software.

1 Like

Hello! I liked your video. Share a secret how you made the deformation animation at the edge of the frame at 0:15? It used to be possible to do this with the old version of fisheye, but the new version lacks keyframes.

1 Like

Hello. The version I used for that project is: 22.06.23 and itā€™s the ā€œoldā€ Lens Correction Filter with Keyframes.

edit: i looked it up, thanks for that hint. The new fisheye-filter doesnā€™t have keyframes. I didnā€™t know that.

1 Like

What is most offensive, there is a lenscorrection filter in the Shotcut\share\shotcut\qml\filters\ (version 22.12) directory, but for some reason it is cut out in the program itself and I donā€™t know how to get it back, I used to make very interesting transitions thanks to it.
Thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll wait, maybe the developers will either return the old filter, or make key frames for the new one.

1 Like

The Lens Correction filter was removed for a valid reason, see below:

If you really want to use it then you can edit the meta.qml file and replace the word ā€œtrueā€ in line 26 by the word ā€œfalseā€. You will need to restart Shotcut.

isHidden: false

But please do not report any problems with it as they will not be fixed.

4 Likes

This video does an excellent job visually depicting some very weighty emotions. If the bridge scene means what I thought it did, and this is the roller coaster of a life that you had been living, then Iā€™m grateful you made it to the other side. Wishing a wonderful New Year to you!

1 Like

Thank you! Good to know how to switch the old filter on, just to have that choice. Iā€™m happy how vivid the development of shotcut is, I use it almost 2 years now.

Hello Austin, yes, this roller coaster is now only straight and without loops :slight_smile: And I like it that way now. Thank you very much!

Great job. Well done!

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely a nice film.

The sound quality was the standout to me.

As someone who is slightly ā€˜obsessive compulsive disorderā€™ or whatever itā€™s properly called I once found out that there is no cure for being like this. All you can do is change what you obsess about.

So what I noticed is that there was a change from alchol addiction to Sony addiction. :slight_smile:

Definitely well filmed and well put together.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello David. You nailed it! :slight_smile: And talking about it was one of the important steps to deeply change something.
Tom

Thank you Brian. I put some files together and post it on the audio-problems-thread.

Very good film on a difficult theme! Tthe result is ellaborate and I appreciated the global message. Once again very good job.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.