Sharing effects and keyframes

So I noticed that you can copy effects and keyframes and add them to the future project by saving them in the settings. Is there a way where we can share between users these preselect settings? For example, I make a cool talking bubble effect with text, size, location, and rotation settings. And then upload it to a forum where people can copy it for their own future settings.

I put my Shotcut resources on my own website at Shotcut - Elusien's Contributions, for people to access. Other people put these on other public systems e.g. on dropbox or on pastebin.com

They then announce the feature on a post on this forum using the category “Resources”.

1 Like

Hi @elusien - Pastebin looks cool. Never knew about that.

I’ve used pastebin.com in the past on other forums/fora (like stackoverflow) for sharing text files. Their FAQ says it all:

Pastebin is a website where you can store any text online for easy sharing. The website is mainly used by programmers to store pieces of sources code or configuration information, but anyone is more than welcome to paste any type of text. The idea behind the site is to make it more convenient for people to share large amounts of text online.

Don’t forget to use syntax highlighting (e.g. MLT files are written in the XML language).

1 Like

Presets are text files created in App Data Directory you can get to by using Settings > App Data Directory > Show… > presets. Unfortunately, the subfolders are not very obvious because they use an identifier instead of a translatable string. Other things you may want to share are in the project MLT XML format including now stuff put on the clipboard, which can be pasted into any text editor.

Then, you can share whatever you have to offer in our #resources category. I prefer that you do NOT use another web site such as pastebin or image hosting because it an unnecessary other step for people when it can be done right here just fine including code formatting or attachments. However, if you are maintaining your own web site or blog where you are also posting these things, then that is different and you do not necessarily want to duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.