Selecting "All" Audio Tracks from a file only plays/uses the first track

Hi, I’m using Nvidia ShadowPlay to record game videos, and I have it set to create a separate audio track for my microphone.
When I add a video to the timeline, I can see both audio tracks under Properties → Audio. However selecting the option “All” still only plays the first audio track. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I had to select “Detach Audio” and then select the other audio track on the properties of the video to get Shotcut to play/use both…

I’m using Shotcut version 21.09.20 on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1288

It is working, but not as you expect. This does not mix the channels but rather stacks them without down-mixing to the Settings > Audio Channels. In other words, if you have 2 stereo audio tracks, choosing All gives you 4 channels. However, if you leave your Settings at 2, then the last 2 channels are dropped. You would have to switch Settings > Audio Channels to 6 to hear them all. Look at my audio peak meter for an example:

What you have done is better as you can control the mixing with Gain filters on each track.

So they way I’m doing it is already the best way? (I do indeed adjust track volumes to match my microphone and the system sounds/other people.)

Is there any way to simplify this process? Like, that when you add a video with multiple audio tracks that it automatically adds/displays the second audio track from the file as a separate audio track in Shotcut?

And one side question, is it possible to automatically have Shotcut pre-select a certain export preset of my choice upon starting the application? I hate it when I export something only to realize afterwards that I forgot to change the export preset from Default…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.